How It Works
Transfer to USB
(High Definition 1080p MP4)
$12.50* per 50 feet
We use only the latest in film scanning technologies to professionally scan your 8mm & 16mm film each frame one at a time into a high definition 1080p MP4 file. This is the default format you will receive.
This format will allow you to:
- Watch your family memories again on your Smart TV, PC or MAC by having them them transferred to USB in a universal file format called MP4.
- Share your memories easily by copying to other USBs, you tube, facebook or via internet file transfer.
- Edit your videos on your PC or MAC simply by using the FREE windows movie maker, imovie or by purchasing any professional video editing software.
- Preserve your memories by backing up multiple copies easily to other USBs, hard drives or cloud based file storage.
Plus Transfer to DVD
+$5.00 per 50 feet
As an optional extra at the time of transfer, if you simply want to watch your newly digitised memories on your TV in a format that you know and trust, we can copy onto a DVD video disc. You can watch on any Australian DVD player.
We include free of charge
- Full motion menus so you can easily select your favourite video clip with your remote control.
- Chapter points at 4 minute intervals for easy navigation
- Full colour printed DVD label with the DVD contents titled.
- All clips trimmed and unwatchable footage removed
- PAL or NTSC option available
- Clips in order as per your preferance
*Pricing is for 16mm, Regular 8mm or Super 8 Film converted to High Definition MP4 Video @ $12.50 or per 50ft (25c per foot). Cinefilm converted to DVD 576p Video is charged as an optional extra at the time of transfer at $5.00 per 50 feet (10c per foot) additional.
NOTE: Transfer to DVD is only available as an optional extra (charged at $0.35 per foot) and is not available as a stand alone service. Multiple films will be placed onto a single DVD (max of 8 films per disc).
- Pricing does not include splicing, enhancing or complex editing. Direct transfer only.
- Sound footage will be transferred as SILENT.
- Minimum charge $20.00 on all transfers.
- 50% off on 1080p transfer to MP4 only.
- USB Drives sold separately.
How long will my order take? CLICK HERE
Cinefilm Frame By Frame Scan Sample
The results speak for themselves. Below is an unedited Super 8 film scan in 1080p HD.
Why Transfer 8mm & 16mm Film to Digital?
Your 8mm film, 16mm and super 8 film will most likely be more than 40 years old. 8mm & 16mm film will start to deteriorate after around 25 years depending on how it has been stored. It only makes sense to preserve your memories now before they fade away all together. Digitaleye Video transfer will preserve your memories forever using the latest in digital scanning technologies into a format that you can watch on your TV or edit with your computer so future generations can enjoy.
Movie Film formats we digitally scan
If you are not sure what format you have.. no problem! We transfer all 8mm film formats and 16mm to either DVD or digital MP4 files.
NOTE: Sound film will be scanned as silent.
Why Choose Digitaleye Video Transfer
Professional highest grade equipment
We only use the latest in technologies to provide the best possible result.
Best Quality True Frame by Frame scanning
We digitally scan every frame of your film providing up to 1080p high definition.
Your films are handled with utmost care and digitised by trained technicians. In fact we can proudly say we have never lost or damaged a single foot of film.
Best Prices Australia Wide by at least 30%
We believe everyone should be able to afford to save their memories so we keep our prices low. We guarantee our 8mm film digitisation service is by far the best pricing in the country for true frame by frame scanning.
8mm & 16mm Film To DVD Transfer - Film Scanning
** True Frame By Frame capture of your 8mm film.
We can transfer 16mm, Standard 8 and Super 8 movie film across to DVD or USB safely and securely. We use professional HIGH END SCANNING equipment to provide a flicker free digital transfer. We can convert 16mm & 8mm film reels of various sizes from 50ft (3inch) reels to 400ft (7inch) reels. The quailty of these transfers are second to none.
All 8mm film transfers are presented with an easy to use menu screen giving you access to any of your reels quickly with your DVD player remote control.
We DO NOT use telecine methods to transfer your 16mm & 8mm film. We digitally scan every frame of your film in high definition 1080p.
You can choose to either have your film converted to 576p DVD for easy playability OR High Definition 1080p MP4 files for easy editing and storage provided on your hard drive or USB.
NOTE: All 8mm Movie Sound film will be scanned as Silent.
How do I know how much footage I have?
You can get a good idea of how many "feet" of film you have by identifying the reel sizes using the chart below. Sometimes the reels are not full. If you look carefully on the side of the reel you will see a numbered scale showing the the feet. We only charge for the number of feet - NOT the size of the reel.
Send your 8mm & 16mm Films to us from anywhere in Australia
You can either drop your precious memories to us if you are local or just place your items into an express post satchel along with our order form for overnight tracked delivery.
How long will my order take? CLICK HERE